Monday, November 26, 2012

WGU Readiness Assessment

I got a lot done today.  I added WGU to my FAFSA, I ordered my transcripts, I made an appointment for my WGU entrance interview, and I completed the WGU Readiness Assessment.
I haven't heard back yet but I found the exam to be pretty basic and I'm quite confident I did very well.  If you are worried about it all, I will break down the exam for you a bit.

There are four parts to the exam.  You have 2 hours to complete each part, except the writing portion doesn't seem to be timed.  I finished each part in well under the allotted time (by about an hour and a half), so don't fret too much about that.

The first part is math.  I know math scares a lot of people but I promise you won't have to factor anything or remember the quadratic equation to pass this. Just know your order of operations, how to +, -, x fractions, find percentages, and other basics like that and you will do just fine.

The second part is language arts.  You will be asked to identify which sentence is grammatically correct, active/passive form, to identify the main idea of a paragraph.  Nothing too crazy there.

The next part is writing. You will be asked to respond to a prompt in 200-800 words. Just watch for correct spelling and grammar and you should be fine.  The prompt requires no research.

The last part is more of a survey than anything else.  They want to make sure you are the type of person who will benefit from an online, competency based education.  Just answer the questions honestly and you are done.

Now that you know what the assessment is all about, it should hopefully seem less intimidating.  Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. can someone send me a referral dunedg26@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete